2021 Employee Benefits
Part-time (BEFL) Employee Enrollment Information
All benefits-eligible part-time employees are provided the opportunity to enroll in our benefits program. In this program, you may select the benefits you need for yourself and your eligible dependents. The premium for these benefits WILL NOT be deducted from your paycheck.
What You Need to Know:
You and your eligible dependent(s) are eligible to enroll in any of offered Cigna Healthcare plans. Please note, there is no Board contribution towards the employee’s and dependents’ coverage. Part-time employees are responsible for the full monthly cost of the Board-approved healthcare plans.
For questions regarding the healthcare plans or to obtain an enrollment package, please contact us at 305-995-1273 or 305-995-2883, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The School Board offers a broad range of high-quality flexible benefits to eligible part-time employees. You are eligible to enroll in any of the following flexible benefits plans:
- Delta Dental (DHMO & PPO)
- UnitedHealthcare Dental (DHMO & PPO)
- Vision: EyeMed
- Identity Theft Protection: ID Watchdog
- Short-Term Disability: The Standard
- Long-Term Disability: The Standard
- Hyatt (MetLaw) (This benefit is not offered to employees represented by United Teachers of Dade (UTD))
- Hospital Indemnity Coverage (HIC): Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (MetLife)
- Voluntary Life: Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (MetLife)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D): Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (MetLife) (This benefit is not offered to employees represented by AFSCME)
For questions regarding the Flexible Benefit or to obtain an enrollment package, please contact FBMC Benefits Management at 1.855.MDC.PS4U (1.855.632.7748), Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., ET.
When enrolling your eligible dependent(s), you must have a valid Social Security Number for each dependent. You must also submit proof of eligibility documentation (i.e., marriage certificate for spouse, birth certificate for natural children) upon request. If you do not provide the required documentation, coverage will be terminated.
Termination of Employment:
If you are no longer employed by the School Board, you will be provided the opportunity to continue your benefits in accordance with the Federal COBRA Law. You will be provided the ability to continue your medical, dental and/or vision plan if active and paid up to date at the time of termination.
FBMC Service Center
Mon - Fri, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET